From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-01 23:36:40

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> The headers are being copied now, but the linking of unit-test targets
> are looking for "libboost_unit_test_framework-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib"
> when the library built and installed was
> "boost_unit_test_framework-vc80-gd-1_34.lib"
>
> In user-config.jam, the following line defines the toolset used:
>
> using msvc : 8.0 ;
>
> I certainly hope this helps -- and I'm still clueless how to diagnose
> this without a deeper understanding of the boost build system.
>
> Pointers would be most appreciated.
>
> Have a great day everyone!

I have a two part answer for you...

It used to be that the default build of Boost attempted to build both
single and multi thread variants, and also static and dynamic, of
libraries. But it seems this is no longer the case.

You can force doing a build that has all the various variants with
something like:

bjam -v2 install
msvc-8.0/variant=debug,release/runtime-link=shared,static/threading=single,multi

I'm also trying to figure out how to make that the default again :-)

HTH.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything