From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-05 10:23:08

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 22:01:55 +0800, Joel de Guzman
<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Me, I prefer the immutable and functional approach:
>
> to_upper(to_lower(to_upper(rng)))
>
>Yeah, for the record, I never liked the use of the |. With the
>plain functional syntax, the joke is very clear.

It could be a joke or a leftover from a previous example where the OP
used three different things, such as to_upper, to_lower and trim, just
to change them at the latest moment.

But it might be not: the question of what the result of
to_upper(to_lower(to_upper(rng))) is supposed to be is not trivial at
all.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]
[    resume:  available on request      ]