From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-05 12:27:36

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 22:35:47 +0800, Joel de Guzman
<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Gennaro Prota wrote:
>>[...]
>> But it might be not: the question of what the result of
>> to_upper(to_lower(to_upper(rng))) is supposed to be is not trivial at
>> all.
>
>The result will be a view. Then, if it's done correctly, ideally,
>the view transformations can collapse the view.

Yes, I know. What I was hinting at is that not all languages have
"uppercase" and/or "lowercase". And in those that have there's no
guarantee of one-to-one mapping, so that to_lower or to_upper aren't
in general invertible functions, or even left-invertible functions.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]
[    resume:  available on request      ]