From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-05 12:05:20

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 18:20:57 +0300, "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>BOOST_ASSERT wasn't supposed to be an improvement over assert,
>interface-wise. In my opinion, invalid assertions should be fixed; we should
>not alter BOOST_ASSERT to make them work.

I agree. The point, anyhow, was avoiding those invalid assertions.
What I proposed above make them silently work as the user expects
without invoking undefined behavior. The alternative is *catching* the
error. If we can do the latter then it's even better to me.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]
[    resume:  available on request      ]