From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-05 23:30:26

To implement part of the serialization library, I defined composable
iterators that could be composed in any sequence. This permitted
me to a small number of iterators that could be composed at
compile time to generate a much larger number of possible
transforming iterators. I called these "Dataflow" iterators. They
are used for thinks like converting strings from wide char to base64
and things like that. I've never been able to convince anyone else
of the merit of the approach - but hope springs eternal.

Robert Ramey