From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-06 15:18:14

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 22:56:52 +0400, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm preparing a patch to improve a performance of lexical_cast
>for certain combinations of types.
>[...]
>That do you think?

My memory on this is quite blurred, but long time ago Terje Slettebo
did a complete rewrite of lexical_cast<>, in this direction (I haven't
looked at your code though). In the end, however, the current solution
was preferred, I guess for its simplicity. That doesn't mean you
cannot have another take at it, but I'd suggest to search for old
posts and ask what the current consensus is before investing time on
it.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]
[    resume:  available on request      ]