From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-08 10:11:10

On 7/8/06, Oliver Gräser <oliver.graeser_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Julio,
>
> thanks a lot for the patch, but I think you slightly overestimate my
> skills:-) How do I apply the patch? I found the file mentioned in the
> patch, darwin-tools.jam, and also the ####Link####-section. But what
> to do with the code you sent me? I just copied it there, but this
> doesn't lead anywhere, now make doesn't do anything useful at all;-)
> Really sorry, but is there any tool used for applying patches? I also
> tried just to run your patch, but it iss no shell script apparently...

You can apply the patch file with the patch(1) tool. First of all,
undo all the changes you did to the original file; it needs to be
exactly the same as was before or otherwise applying the patch will
fail. If unsure, just re-extract the release tarball.

Then, from the top directory of your source tree (the one that
contains project-root.jam), do:

patch -p0 < patch-ae

The -p0 flag tells patch to strip 0 path components (that is, none)
from the patch's file path. See the manual page for more details.

Hope this helps,

PS: Oh, you might want to check http://www.pkgsrc.org/ and install
Boost from pkgsrc on your OS X installation. These problems are
already solved there ;-)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/