From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-14 11:28:46

> >Well it thought it was pretty obvious, if you want the timer to start
> >immediatly when it is created of if you want to manually start it with
> >tmr.start().
>
> Yes, I understood what the effect was :) I just wasn't sure it was a
> good design choice, as the manual_start mode leaves to the user's
> responsibility to correctly couple start/stop calls.

Hum, manual_start simply has the effect that the timer doesn't starts
automatically when the object is created, nothing more. I dont really
understand what's bad in that as the defaut parameter is auto_start... care
to explain a bit more ?

If you give me a day or two I can try and cleanup the code I already
> have. I guess we could "merge" the two solutions in some way.

Sure !

Philippe