From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-14 14:56:35

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:28:46 +0200, "Philippe Vaucher"
<philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Hum, manual_start simply has the effect that the timer doesn't starts
>automatically when the object is created, nothing more. I dont really
>understand what's bad in that as the defaut parameter is auto_start... care
>to explain a bit more ?

Sorry Philippe, I thought there was a stop() function as well, but it
was just my assumption when seeing "start" :-/

I'm adding some more comments to my sources and cleaning them up:
nothing to make them ready for prime time but the purpose should be to
collect as many ideas as possible in the form of real code, rather
than textual posts or sentences in a wiki page. I'd like Beman to join
the discussion as well, and John Maddock, who is interested in these
classes. The more eyes at it the better (and I have called some good
eyes :)). My impression so far is that my code and yours can integrate
and be a part of Date.Time, while Beman's variation can be the
replacement for the current boost::timer and go in the proposed
Boost.System library. But who can say...

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]
[    resume:  available on request      ]