From: Steven Burns (royalstream_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-20 11:28:17

Well yes, we all reinvent the wheel all the time in C++
It's something the Java or the C# guys don't have to do but sadly we have to
because the standard library is simply lacking.
For instance, how many custom String classes are out there? hundreds! but
who can blame them if std::string doesnt even have a trim() method!
So, as long as we dont have a standard wheel that's good enough, we will
keep seeing the wheel getting reinvented over and over again.

Steven

"Roman Morokutti" <roman_vbg_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
Hi,

isn´t this just about reinventing the wheel again.
AFAIK, most of the functionality is still covered by
ACE.

What is the main difference then?

Greetings Roman