From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-21 15:57:06

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:45:57 +0200, Alexander Terekhov
<terekhov_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> // Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
>
>// Licensed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
>
>Is shorter

Gosh :-)

>and more to the point.

Maybe. But I don't dare to express an opinion on that. I'm not a layer
and I strictly adhere to the 'sutor non ultra crepidam' principle.

If we talk about *pure opinions* (for what they are worth) I'd like
"subject to" or "subject to the terms of". And I expressed a doubt
about "distributed" in diebus illis (doesn't Latin sound great when
talking about laws? :-))

 <http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2004/02/61769.php>

That said, I'll leave to law experts the final answer. What matters to
me is that we don't have to hard-code that text everywhere, at least
not in documentation files. Rene, could you confirm that this will be
managed with server-side includes in the future?

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]