From: Bo Persson (bop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-21 16:09:09

"Jody Hagins" <jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden]> skrev i meddelandet

> I know something even BETTER to fix with the list...
>
> People who put the list on auto-responder. I just got the following
> email...
>

> I'm out of office from 24/07/2006 to 28/07/2006
> For questions please contact
> Clearvision - Sascha Mungenas (40591)
> Rolfe & Nolan - Ekkehard Gramss (44163)
>

> I don't care!!! I have no idea who this person is, but Christian
> obviously thinks it a grand idea to send email to ME telling me he
> is
> out of the office. Apparantly, his auto-responder knows not to use
> the
> Reply-To field since the message came back to me, and did not show
> up on
> the list ;-)

To poor Cristian's defence:

I recognize this, we have the same software! Sometimes there is just
too much automation in the systems.

Before leaving the office I (and Christian) have to disable the phone,
by keying in "Vacation, 1 week".

The company's automated exchange software then *automatically* enters
this into my/Christian's calendar and enables the out-of-office
response to all incoming mails.

To exclude someone from this, we would have to add you to the "don't
reply to"-list, not to any auto-responder!

The only advantage is that it will keep a list of all incoming mail,
and only respond once to each sender.

Bo Persson