From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-21 18:51:57

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:21:09 -0700
  "Sohail Somani" <s.somani_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> My colleague just showed me a very concise example of
>how he created a
> service that can be registered with Windows. The same
>code works for
> Unix as well.
>
> I don't think there are any boost libraries that can do
>this yet.

Agreed, and as I noted there's other components of POCO
that are not (yet) in Boost (in particular, XML parsers).
So what about someone submitting a "service" library for
Boost? (I'm not sure what the definition of a service is -
I'm a little bit familiar with Windows services, and the
same for Unix daemons, but not sure what the higher-level
abstraction for both would be, since the details of both
OS facilities have some significant differences.)

Cliff