From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-22 17:43:01

On 7/22/06 8:26 AM, "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Currently, the mailing list changes all the "reply-to" headers to the list's
>> e-mail address. This forces all replies to go to the list and loses any
>> custom e-mail address the sender may have added. I've read "'Reply-To'
>> Munging Considered Harmful" <http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html>
>> and now wonder if we should change our policy.
>
> The mods read that when setting the policy originally and we decided
> it was not a good choice for Boost.

Even though the alterations (currently) obliterate whatever the original
poster may have had in the "reply-to" field? This cripples senders that
must use a separate receiving address. Since the "reply-to" field is
supposed to override the "from" field, reply-to -all and -sender-only
functions are also messed up.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie