From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-24 20:36:21

Gennaro Prota writes:
> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:19:13 -0400, David Abrahams
> <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>That doesn't gibe with
>>http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/issues.html,
>>which seems to indicate that Borland is supposed to be supported.
>
> BTW, those pages are driving me crazy. One day I see Comeau, another
> day I don't. I've fixed 50% of the Digital Mars failures and, now that
> I wanted to attempt a complete support, it's no more there.

The presence of a particular compiler on the issues page is determined
by whether the corresponding toolset is declared as "required"
(http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost-testing/msg00333.php).

AFAIK, Digital Mars was ever on the list of required toolsets; I
_think_ its temporary presence on the page was cause by a recent
breakage of the explicit markup file.

> Am I missing something or the set of supported compiler/lib/platform
> combinations is a bit erratic?

It's not. It's definitely not being changed without a notice to the
list.

> Furthermore, may I ask what does "STLport 5.1.0" without further
> qualifications mean?

In "dmc-8_49b-stlport-5_1_0", it's STLport 5.1.0 RC1.

> I have RC1 and usually I'm not even able to
> reproduce the error messages.

Hmm, let us know if we can help to track these down.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering