From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 06:56:12

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:05:12 -0400, me22 <me22.ca_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>On 7/24/06, Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I second that. Not the most useful thing in the world, but you might
>> want to consider integer_log2.hpp and lowest_bit.hpp from the pending/
>> directory.
>>

>Would Boost.Integer's static_log2 go there too, then?
>( http://boost.org/libs/integer/doc/static_log2.html )

Not sure. As you can see, integer_log2 and lowest_bit are not
"algorithms" in a strict sense, but they come handy to implement many
of them (for instance dynamic_bitset<> bit searching). Maybe all three
templates should be in the integer library and, as an implementation
detail, be used for some algorithm implementations. As I said they are
no rocket science but it's a pity that they are in the pending/
directory (as other useful code), where they mostly get unnoticed.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]