From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 08:44:25

John Maddock wrote:
> Martin Bonner wrote:

John,

You seem to have thought through these issues carefully.
When will you submit the floating point properties library to Boost?
I need it.

Based on your document and input from Paul Giaconne
I suggest the following interface:

     bool is_finite();
     bool is_normal();
     bool is_subnormal();

     bool is_infinite();
     bool is_plus_infinity();
     bool is_minus_infinity();

     bool is_nan();
     bool is_quiet_nan();
     bool is_signalling_nan();

The IEEE754 standard uses the term "denormal",
but the draft for the next revision of the IEEE754 standard uses the
term "subnormal", so "subnormal" is probably better.

--Johan Råde