From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 10:43:45

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:28:41 -0500, Rene Rivera
<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Historically it hasn't made a difference when we run the inspect tool.
>People mostly ignored it and hence why we have an accumulation problems
>now. Now perhaps that it's in the form of a constant nagging email
>instead of a web page people will pay attention (cross-fingers).

Yeah :-) If that doesn't solve the issue either, then we could
integrate the check into regression tests: global failure if not
inspect-free (and transcription to criminal record! ;-))

>As for the amount of work I don't think libraries have diverged that
>much between HEAD and RC so it's likely not that much work since one
>only has to merge to the RC branch.

But it's still very tedious to switch to the branch, check the diffs
etc. Or do you merge blindly? I'm actually tempted to do the work for
the 1.34 branch only, and postpone it on the head. The point is, as
you well know, that anything being tedious is error-prone. I'm doing
the job in little pieces, every time in the day I *feel* like doing it
:-)

>> Or maybe the
>> inspect tool should run once a week or so, in general.
>
>Not sure about the schedule, but definitely it will running all the time
>from now on. I haven't enabled runs of it in HEAD yet as I expect that
>would generate a somewhat larger set of issues.

Incidentally I've just found a file with *mixed* line endings. Is that
a problem or it doesn't matter? (I can't tell off-hand which one, as I
was doing a lot of modifications in one big sweep, so if that is
important I'll go and look it up)

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]