From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 10:59:19

Gennaro Prota wrote:
> But it's still very tedious to switch to the branch, check the diffs
> etc. Or do you merge blindly? I'm actually tempted to do the work for
> the 1.34 branch only, and postpone it on the head. The point is, as
> you well know, that anything being tedious is error-prone. I'm doing
> the job in little pieces, every time in the day I *feel* like doing it
> :-)

Dude... Just keep two different checkouts of the Boost tree. One for
HEAD and another for RC. No switching required, it takes me a very
short, 2 minutes at most, to check into HEAD, merge to RC, check into
RC, retag HEAD. Assuming there are no conflicts. And if I'm really
paranoid I run WinMerge on the particular subdirs of files I merged
between the HEAD and RC checkouts (no CVS mucking needed). Note, I'm a
fairly paranoid person ;-)

> Incidentally I've just found a file with *mixed* line endings. Is that
> a problem or it doesn't matter? (I can't tell off-hand which one, as I
> was doing a lot of modifications in one big sweep, so if that is
> important I'll go and look it up)

Yes it's a problem that should be getting detected. Is it not showing up
on the emails? Or is this on HEAD?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything