From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-25 19:57:49

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:02:46 -0500, "Hartmut Kaiser"
<hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> |wave|
>> boost/wave/cpplexer/validate_universal_char.hpp:
>> *U* unnamed namespace at line 39
>> boost/wave/util/cpp_iterator.hpp:
>> *U* unnamed namespace at line 1253
>> *U* unnamed namespace at line 1654
>> *U* unnamed namespace at line 414
>> *U* unnamed namespace at line 799
>
>This puzzles me a bit because I thought, that unnamed namespaces in headers
>are problematic only if these are in the global namespace. The unnamed
>namespaces above are inside the boost::wave namespace, I can't see any harm
>in that.

But what is the benefit? I think that's the key question. If they
don't have any they are just misleading. I'd say there are very few
exceptions to this (in truth the only one which comes to mind is the
nifty counter idiom).

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]