From: David Bergman (David.Bergman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-26 02:01:01

Aleksey wrote:

> > By the way, Aleksey, what do you think of calling anything
> applicable
> > via mpl::apply a "metafunctor"?
>
> Being one of these people who frown upon the term "functor"
> (http://groups.google.com/group/boost-list/msg/d3d7546f3e8b118
> 8), I'm not in favor of this one, for obvious reasons :).

Between you and me, I am not a fan of that "functor" use either, and would
love for it to stay in category theory or at least be exclusive for notions
mirroring that semantics, BUT: that is what those non-meta people say :-)
... or "function object," which would translate most conveniently to "meta
function class"...

/Now a reformed lambda expressionist :-)