From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-31 13:59:19

Hello,

I posted the new version of the proposed Boost Exception library last
Friday, you can get the new documentation and code here:

http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-exception/boost-exception.htm.

I have received two suggestions by email to remove the use of macros for
type registration. Currently, to register tag_foo with the exception
library, and to specify that its value is of type int, you'd use:

BOOST_REGISTER_EXCEPTION_INFO(tag_foo,int)

One suggestion was to use this instead:

struct tag_foo { typedef int value_type; };

Another suggestion was very similar, with the following syntax:

struct tag_foo: exception_info_tag<int> { };

I encourage everyone to provide your feedback in the mailing list instead of
by email, so we can have an open discussion.

Thanks,
Emil Dotchevski