From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-04 08:26:05

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:53:35 +0100, "John Maddock"
<john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Johan Råde wrote:
>> This can be templatized, and will handle such things as 80-bit long
>> double.
>
>Maybe, don't forget the padding bytes that are often injected into such
>types (only an issue if the endianness put's the sign bit at the end of the
>10-byte sequence rather than the beginning).

There are also platforms that add parity, so you can get two 1 bits in
the object representation.

As I said, the code is widely portable (probably on all
implementations supported by boost) not fully portable.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]