From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-07 10:48:31

Hello all,

I have just uploaded a rough early draft of a TR2 proposal based
on asio:

<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=122478&package_id=199773&release_id=437813>

The contents of the proposal are based on the system error_code
version I uploaded to the vault a few weeks back. There are some
minor differences however, and I plan to update the code and
upload a new version that matches in the near future.

Feedback is welcome. Please keep in mind that there's still a
lot left to write. In particular, the design discussion is
really just a quick aggregation of some existing docs plus some
points that I want to expand further. I'd be interested to hear
what else people would like to see covered.

I know there are opinions on things like how stuff should be
arranged into header files, so let's hear them :)

Also, does anyone know of (or would like to invent) some
standardese for discussing threading issues like thread safety
and memory visibility?

Cheers,
Chris