From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-07 10:35:01

Hi Sascha,

Sascha Seewald <vudu_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I try to use asio::read_until() with a asio::streambuf of
> limited size and get the following error for sizes < 512:
>
> "boost::asio::streambuf too long"
>
> For sizes >= 512 everything works fine.

Yep I'm aware of this problem, but don't have a fix implemented
for it yet.

When I first implemented the streambuf class I assumed that the
max_size value was really just there to prevent memory
exhaustion, and would always be very large. However later I
realised there are use cases for setting a small max_size. I
will try to fix this be soon.

For now, don't set it to a small value :)

Cheers,
Chris