From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-15 14:54:28

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

> I agree. I think this should go in the Array library, rather than
> boost.Assign.
>
> Alisdair, do you agree?

It makes sense. I have thought about providing the functionality
before, but didn't fancy getting on top of Boost PP to generate the
overloads ;?)

I will certainly look into this as something to do for Boost 1.35.

In my ideal world, this would be spelled as make_tuple though, and
tuples would be convertible to arrays. I don't think we can manage
this in an acceptible manner without some changes to the initialization
and POD rules.

Actually, we could probably add a conversion operator to the tuple
template, to convert to arrays. I am not sure that is such a great
idea though.

--
AlisdairM