From: Hubert Holin (Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-17 07:47:12

John Maddock <john <at> johnmaddock.co.uk> writes:

> Joel Eidsath wrote:
> > Is there anyone working on adding a boost-license compliant
> > implementation of these to boost.TR1? I'm looking at the possibility
> > of doing some work on this as part of a directed study.

> Some work: I have a few special function here:
> http://www.johnmaddock.co.uk/toolkit which partly overlap with TR1, there is
> also a Google SOC project in this area - Xiaogang Zhang has been working on
> these, just Bessel functions so far, you can browse the source here:
> https://boost-consulting.com:8443/trac/soc/browser/boost/soc
2006/tr1-math/trunk

> But any further developments would be welcome

> John.

Paris (U.E.), le 17/08/2006

Bonjour

In theory, the DLMF project should come to fruition this year
(http://dlmf.nist.gov/about/), which can only help both in terms
of techniques to use and, one can dream, in interest in the subject.

As far as the TR1 stands, I still feel the lack of genericity enshrined by
the C-style naming conventions of the special functions is a glaring error.
Still, having no standard support for usefull functions is worse than bad
support (that could be built upon), IMHO.

So, whatever you can contribute will be most welcome. I should point out that
some requests have been made to have interval computations (as opposed to
only pointwise computations), which AFAIK have still gone completely unanswered,
but which do have practical applications; perhaps this would be a good place
to contribute (among so many...).

Merci

Hubert Holin