From: Eric Lemings (lemings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-17 18:12:20

In the Units library, the default value type is (currently) double
and the semantics of all arithmetic operations are based on this
built-in type. No assumptions are made about semantics, only that
the required operations exist for ValueType.

What is the default value type in Quan? I'm guessing it has
something to do with a united value or some other manipulation
of value semantics within Quan?

Also be careful of literal values and promotions. 3 is an integer,
3.0 is a double, 3L is a long, 3LL is a long long, etc.

Eric.