From: Eric Lemings (lemings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-15 17:30:23

Greetings,

I have been working on a rather ambitious dimensional analysis framework
and units of measurement library suitable for inclusion with the Boost
libraries. The interface is probably quite different from anything
previously seen but hopefully it is more intuitive, flexible,
and...well...appealing. The design and implementation are still in flux
but most of the functionality is in place. Several Boost developers
have advised me to post it here to solicit comments and feedback.

The "preview" release can be found in the Units folder of the Boost
Vault. The filename is units-preview.zip.

Some quick notes. The Tutorial section of the documentation is probably
the most important and complete section. The header files contain only
some of the most commonly-used units. Plenty more will be be added in
the future.

I would greatly appreciate questions, comments, and/or suggestions
regarding the overall design and interface. I plan to keep working on
this library until it is ready for a formal Boost Units library
proposal.

Thanks,
Eric.