From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-18 03:20:19

On 8/18/06, elifant <elifantu_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I wouldn't like this to discourage you from taking a look at
> > the documentation and code. The library is already big enough to let
> > you get a general idea on its focus and design. You can start
> > criticising now! ;-) Sincerely, any constructive comments will be
> > certainly appreciated.
>
> Library looks great!

Thanks :)

> I like that library isn't restricted to common features of platforms,
> but offers extended
> interfaces with specific features for each platform.
>
> And I have some questions:
> 1. Can I create bp::child object for already-running process if I know
> it's PID?

It is currently not possible (constructors are protected). But maybe
that is not as appropriate as I initially thought... Can you
illustrate an use case where this could be useful?

If made public, the constructor's interface might need to change a bit
to be clearer.

> 2. Will there be support for forking under unix?

I was thinking about adding a special start() method to the
posix_launcher that takes a function instead of a command line and
uses that as the child's entry point. Then, you'd use that as a
fork().

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/