From: Eric Lemings (lemings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-21 12:43:32

I try to keep the definitions as simple as possible. IMHO, there are
really only four distinct concepts:

dimension - an "abstract" type
quantity - an "abstract" object whose "type" is a dimension
unit - a type "derived" from a particular dimension
measure - an arithmetic object whose "type" is a unit

The last term is a term I introduced to distinguish an object with a
dimension from an object with a unit. Very important distinction.

Eric.