From: Eric Lemings (lemings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-23 16:00:59

If, by the current one, you mean the previewed Boost Units
library, I'll beg to differ. The scope and goals of that
library are IMHO sufficient but minimal. By sufficient, I
mean that the required dimensional analysis operations and
unit measurement arithmetic are included. By minimal, I mean
there are no input/output interfaces, string formatting/parsing,
error propagation/approximation, or other associated functionality.

> Maybe these questions have been answered, and I didn't
> notice 'em going past; but based on these discussions, I'm
> inclined to think that in general, no two people agree on
> exactly _why_ these libraries are useful.

Oh I believe the involved parties have a very good idea of
_why_ these libraries are useful. The point of contention
is, what exactly is "useful"? Or more accurately, "required"?

Eric.