From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-24 12:04:08

David Abrahams wrote:
> Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> The next step is putting out a beta. Here is what I think needs to be
>> done before we can call it beta.
>>
>> - Fix regressions with respect to the prior release. The regression
>> tests still show a fair amount of "broken" fields.
>
> Trying. I am experiencing latency problems with our distributed structure. I
> think we need to somehow find/designate times when those people
> working on the release are all going to try to be online (and
> available via IM or skype or something).

Ad hoc live collaboration? Seems like an IRC channel might be a better
solution.

>> - Fix as much of the inspection issues as possible.
>
> Yep. I'm having trouble knowing what to do with the pairs of
> inspection reports that are getting sent out. How are they intended
> to be read? Would it be possible to prefix each one with a short
> description of how to use it?

What would the description say, other than "please look at the issues
with your library"?

NOTE: Anything that increases the length of the emails is problematic as
they might start needing to be moderated again. So perhaps a separate
doc page we can point to is best.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything