From: Ben Strasser (strasser.ben_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-27 17:26:40

Eric Lemings wrote:
> Greetings,
Hello

> Some quick notes. The Tutorial section of the documentation is probably
> the most important and complete section. The header files contain only
> some of the most commonly-used units. Plenty more will be be added in
> the future.
Why do you want to provide plenty of premade units? I though a unit library was
supposed to allow the user to construct units in a simple way. It seems very
verbose to me to add a new unit.

I think that that what users want is an easy way to define and use their units,
not those avaiable in a huge library. So a unit library must in my eyes be very
extensible. It must also avoid tying people to any unit system as it depends on
the situation which system or sub system is best.

Some time ago I also wrote a unit library. It uses an in my eyes very different
way to approach the problem so it might be interesting to post the code
somewhere. I could upload the code to boost vault so people could comment on its
design. Where should I put it so that people don't confuse both libraies.