From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-29 15:02:21

Andy Little wrote:
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>> I agree on being able to generate new unit types. The 'physics only' view of
>> the world isn't very interesting to me.
>
> That's quite funny, given that time is a physical quantity.

So? Just because time is one of the quantities I'm going to use, I
should use a full physical dimension library?

In particular, many of us need to use calendar time units, which are not
and should not be handled by any physical dimensions library. And
conversions between the different units (days, weeks, months, years)
need to be handled carefully and definitely not automatically.

Ben appears to have implemented a core library that I believe has a much
broader range of applications than a physical dimensions library. I have
reason to believe that somewhere inside your library, you have the same
thing implemented.