From: Gregory Dai (gregory.dai_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-30 15:23:25

Perhaps we were not on the same page. What I meant was as long as
std::string is used as either the source or target of a lexical_cast, thread
safety may not be guaranteed (due to lack of a guarantee by std::string).
Though weird/bad things happen more frequently under heavy load and/or on
multiprocessor (hyperthreading included) machines.