From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-06 18:34:20

Hi Robert,

On 9/7/06, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> What is necessary to be able to test this on a windows machine. It's my
> understanding that there exist MPI(CH?) implementations which permit one to
> run programs like those in the tutorial without having and actual cluster at
> one's disposal. I would appreciate some background/pointers or whatever as
> to the best way of doing this.

IIRC, there is a Windows based version of LAM/MPI [1] which you can
use. And yes, you're right that you don't need a "real life cluster"
to run an MPI toolset/implementation.

> I realize its not really on topic - but without something like this, the
> number of people that can effectively review this is very limited.

I agree, however like most of the previous reviews that I have looked
at, two very important aspects that can be scrutinized without
building the library is the design and interface/implementation.
Reading the source code is one way, and reading the documentation is
another.

Granted that if you already have prior experience with an MPI
implementation, you should be able to read through everything and
understand that it's really a wrapper around the existing MPI
implementations around.

HTH!

--
Dean Michael C. Berris