From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 03:12:03

Hi to all,

Olaf Krzikalla's Intrusive container library was once in the review
queue, but sadly the he has no time to develop it further. The library
is, IMHO, very useful for many applications and it's well designed.

I was interested in continuing Olaf's work because intrusive
containers would be very helpful for Boost.Interprocess users so I've
contacted Olaf to ask permission to continue his library. He agrees
and he has offered help so I'm planning to start some work on the
library in a few weeks. Olaf has collected some user requests from the
past and the library was developed a bit further than the last
snapshot posted in his web-page
(http://people.freenet.de/turtle++/intrusive.html).

I don't know if someone else was developing the library and I wouldn't
like to duplicate any effort. So if someone is actively working on the
library, please reply this post so that we can collaborate . I'm
currently planning to port the documentation to Quickbook and to post
Olaf's last version to start requesting comments and new features.

Once the current code is posted, I have some features that I would like add:

-> Custom pointer types to be able to use intrusive containers in
memory mapped regions.
-> Adding a new iset class (currently there is only an intrusive
multiset, but not a set).
-> Adding configurable constant-time size() to containers (currently
ilist/islist have linear time size())
-> Adding a pseudo-intrusive hash container.

If someone needs/wants more features, now's the time to request them!

Regards,

Ion