From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 02:56:41

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:00:09 +0200, Thorsten Ottosen
<thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Peter Dimov wrote:
>> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>

>>> 42 usages of unnamed namespaces in headers (including .ipp files)
>>

>>> bind (1)
>>

>> I'm not sure what I'm expected to do about that one. Bind has been using an
>> unnamed namespace for its placeholders for quite a while now.
>
>What is the problem with an unnamed namespace in a header anyway? Is it
>illegal according to the standard?

Thorsten, this is not addressed to you, but I find shameful that so
many boosters don't know this C++ 101. Especially so when you consider
the arrogance with which many of them act (there are at least four or
five egos here who behave as if they were the absolute source of
computer science knowledge). FWIW, I added the check to the inspect
tool. It was aimed at fixing one particular bad practice in boost
code, but it really is like a drop in the ocean, so feel free to
remove it (certainly it should if nobody understands what is it for).

--
[ Gennaro Prota. C++ developer, Library designer. ]
[    For Hire    http://gennaro-prota.50webs.com/ ]