From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 11:10:04

Rene Rivera wrote:
> I gave up on the customer drive code ideas of COBOL long ago. code
> programming languages and program design languages address different
> domains. IMO it does a disservice to each try and mix them.

Sure thats why people are using custom DSLs rather than the native
language as is.

> You'll be better off if the business analyst writes those English
> sentences in a word processor as part of a design document.

Indeed, especially if you can then run it through
Fit/FitNess/FitLibrary/etc. The key being that they can be
automatically run as acceptance tests, and directly expressable by the BA.

Unfortunately in my line if work we don't have very clear cut ideas
for what we want, e.g. "make it look ghostly" isn't a good form for
acceptance testing, but in the more standard parts of the business it
is possible.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |