From: Jeremy Day (jeremy.day_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 11:54:21

On 9/14/06, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Requirements such as "make it look ghostly" just don't belong in the
> realm of code design. As a programmer you should never see such
> requirements.

</lurk>
I've been keeping up with the discussion and I just need to speak up that
yes, we should never get requirements like "make it look ghostly".
Unfortunately, I can tell you from experience that sometimes managers are
idiots and sometimes requests like this do come down the pipe. Furthermore,
sometimes you're lucky to even get written requirements or specifications.
Usually for me, especially around trade show time, requirements are
delivered in conversation and management expects us to follow through with
them.

Anyways, sorry for the entirely off-topic post. I'll go back to lurking
now.
<lurk>

Jeremy