From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 11:44:00

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:00:26 -0400, David Abrahams
<dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:00:09 +0200, Thorsten Ottosen
>> <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>>What is the problem with an unnamed namespace in a header anyway? Is it
>>>illegal according to the standard?
>>
>> Thorsten, this is not addressed to you, but I find shameful that so
>> many boosters don't know this C++ 101.
>
>Now, now, Genny. I don't recall anyone ever talking about the problem
>until I raised it a year or two ago.

And here's the ego I was talking about. You may feel like the first
man who brought the light on all us, but that light is common advice
for any comp.lang.c++.moderated regular. I guess I learned the facts
from Francis Glassborow at least four years ago; and several modern
books mention the problem: I'm sure about Sutter/Alexandrescu but
there are others, I just don't have time to check.

In any case I can't see any post in this thread which gives the
correct explanation (it seems that my newsreader have missed some
message though --probably one between Arkadiy's and yours). And I
really want to clarify that Thorsten attitude is absolutely ok: he is
asking what the problem is. What's wrong is the attitude of those who
think they know the reason without realizing they do not.

--
[ Gennaro Prota. C++ developer, Library designer. ]
[    For Hire    http://gennaro-prota.50webs.com/ ]