From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 15:48:45

"Gennaro Prota" <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> wrote

> In any case I can't see any post in this thread which gives the
> correct explanation (it seems that my newsreader have missed some
> message though --probably one between Arkadiy's and yours). And I
> really want to clarify that Thorsten attitude is absolutely ok: he is
> asking what the problem is. What's wrong is the attitude of those who
> think they know the reason without realizing they do not.

I thought I pretty much understand the issue (after David explained it to me
a couple of years ago, when I just started playing with typeof, and after I
spent quite some time trying to work it around, although with no success),
otherwise I wouldn't have tried to explain it in this thread. Since I am
apparently one of those who don't realize their ignorance, I would like to
see the correct explanation. Would you care to provide one?

Regards,
Arkadiy