From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-15 10:52:04

Hi Kevin!

On 9/15/06, Kevin Wheatley <hxpro_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> > I've attached the initial explorations (one header, and a test
> > implementation). Comments and insights will be most appreciated. :)
>
> My take would be that whilst the syntax for expressing the
> specifications is OK (possibly needs a little more thought) I didn't
> like the idea of exceptions being thrown if the spec is broken.

Yeah... Now that I'm reading it again, I'm beginning to think about
removing the exceptions part. It seemed like a good idea at first, but
apparently the client code (the one in main(...) ) doesn't look too
good with all the try {} catch (...) {} blocks.

> I'd much prefer a interface, that would better integrate with Boost
> Test for its error reporting, and it would avoid all that duplication
> in try/catch blocks and make it more readable (the whole point :-)

This was the original idea (integrating with Boost.Test), but I ran
into problems with Boost 1.33.1 and MSVC 8. So I tried to come up with
something that's not yet tied with anything Boost related, and the
output was what was attached to my other message. :-)

> Personally I don't mind getting lots of errors, in the non perfect
> test suites I end up writing, multiple errors can help 'factor out'
> the likely bugs I've written.

Indeed. I understand completely. :-)

--
Dean Michael C. Berris