From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-18 11:59:16

"Deane Yang" <deane_yang_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Andy Little wrote:
>> I am now starting to find this attitude of publicly ignoring my work,
>> especially
>> while many of the *Units* efforts are privately borrowing ideas from it
>> downright offensive.
>>
>> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/quan
>>

> I just want to make clear to everyone that I am currently publicly
> ignoring *all* dimension/units/quantity libraries, because, as always, I
> am overwhelmed by other things.

Well, I am certainly not ignoring the issue. The primitives (IOW fixed_quantity)
in Quan are working very nively thankyou very much. As for non physical units,
the only one touted so far is money, but as I repeat **again** money isnt a
physical quantity. AFAICS money is a numeric after all money ^2 is just more
money ain't it, and that can be plugged in very easily thankyou very much ( for
a similar quasi-numeric type see the angles in Quan), though perhaps it's more
fun to just gas about it...

And Quan is well on the way to having some matrix classes, for matrices of
arbitrary dimensions and with a useful level of optimisation. Using fusion it is
possible to make matrices of arbitrary dimensions and so one can implement
vectors( tuples) as 1 x N matrices (row vectors) or N *1 vectors ( column
vectors) using the same scheme, which means they will automatically be
compatible and type safe with the matrices.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/quan

The serious solution for type safe physical quantities in C++.

regards
Andy Little