From: Zak B. Elep (zak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-19 06:07:20

Hi all! =)

I'm Zak, a rather new user to the Boost libraries (and, in some ways,
to C++ as well ;) I've been lurking this and the boost-users list for
a few days now (I got wind of this from Dean Berris.) I'm pretty much
a Perl monk, but I've been pulled into the C++ whirlpool to work on a
project that involves, among other things, an Egyptian god, some
chunky boys, and portals.

Anyhow, I came to using Boost mostly because of my current work, and I
hit a bump along the way since I am required to deploy Boost 1.33.1 to
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (aka Sarge,) and that particular target platform
had only Boost 1.30 installed. Hence, being not so much as a
C++/Boost expert, but rather more game towards packaging stuff for
Debian and Ubuntu, I chose to repackage and backport Boost 1.33.1 from
Debian Sid to Sarge, adding Boost.Asio while on it. ;-)

How did I do it? Rather than writing it down here, I have exercised
my freedom to write everything about it on the Boost Wiki[0] in the
page `BackportingBoostToDebianSarge'[1] and give a little something
back to the Boost community. Hope it helps someone. :D

[0] http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl
[1] http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BackportingBoostToDebianSarge

Comment? Suggestion? Rant? Donation? Reply away! =)

Thanks and Cheers,

Zakame

--
Zak B. Elep  ||  http://zakame.spunge.org
zakame_at_[hidden]  ||  zakame_at_[hidden]