From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-21 17:05:15

Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> And I won't break Boost license and, ideally, any patents too.

It's just your hope.
It's estimated that this year over 40000 patents in the software domain
will be issued in total (in USA). Forty thousands - just in case you
doubt all these zeros. All this in one year. Plus all those that were
already issued previously.
(Surely, some of them are duplicates or at least largely overlapping,
but who cares.)

I bet that you are breaking some number of these patents anyway, no
matter what you do. In fact, it would be interesting to know how many
patents you are breaking on average per each 1kLOC of code that you
think you created. :-)

Programming    : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/