From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-23 14:27:40

Duft Markus wrote:
> I still have no reply on my mail from Fr 15.09.2006 11:24 regarding
> "Windows Boost with apache stdcxx".
> I'm really kind of stuck with this. Please anybody give me a hint on
> what to do with this.

Since this seems to mainly be a build problem, the boost build list
might have been a better place to ask. Details at:

Although, as far as I know, no one is currently using stdcxx with boost.
So there isn't really any support available. Sorry. And if you do get
the build sorted out, there's no guarantee that the libraries will work
with stdcxx. Perhaps, STLport would be a better option?

Anyway, your question:

> I'm using boost for quite a while now, and ran into a problem. I'm
> writing a compiler wrapper for cl (wgcc, @ sourceforge) which behaves
> like gcc (wgcc runs under Interix). now i'm building tons of packages
> with wgcc. Due to problems with the microsoft STL we switched to apaches
> STDCXX implementation (wgcc uses it automatically for every C++ package
> built with it, if it is present).
> The problem now is, that all packages are built with stdcxx, EXCEPT of
> course boost, because i'm using the windows build mechanism, hence cl
> directly and not my wrapper, to build it.
> I haven't tried out yet, but i really think that this is a bad
> combination somehow. Have you got any advice on how to get boost built
> with the stdcxx library??

I can think of two possible solutions. You could use the gcc toolset
with your wrapper. Perhaps by writing in your 'user-config.jam':

using gcc : wgcc : c:/path/wgcc ;

Putting the location of the wgcc executable as the last argument.

Or maybe be writing a stdcxx toolset (which could be based on the
stlport toolset, at tools/build/v2/tools/stlport.jam).

Daniel