From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-23 15:22:37

Daniel James wrote:
> Duft Markus wrote:
>> I still have no reply on my mail from Fr 15.09.2006 11:24 regarding
>> "Windows Boost with apache stdcxx".
>> I'm really kind of stuck with this. Please anybody give me a hint on
>> what to do with this.
>>

> Since this seems to mainly be a build problem, the boost build list
> might have been a better place to ask. Details at:

> Although, as far as I know, no one is currently using stdcxx with boost.
> So there isn't really any support available. Sorry. And if you do get
> the build sorted out, there's no guarantee that the libraries will work
> with stdcxx. Perhaps, STLport would be a better option?

As I understand it, Apache stdcxx is derived from the Rogue Wave standard
library. This library was used by the Solaris and perhaps some other compiler
vendors. There are a set of configuration macros supplied in boost.config
supplied in the roguewave.hpp setup. Various libraries have workarounds that
are specific to this library. So the first step would probably be to use these
for your initial configuration setup. Perhaps boost.config should be changed
to recognize the apache lib so it can be supported more directly in the future.

HTH,

Jeff