From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-26 04:12:40

> Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> joint_view is a prime example of a segmented sequence. The resulting
>> iterators from it will have some overhead. That is inevitable. See
>> joint_view_iterator so you'll know what I mean.
>
> I don't get it. Fusion iterators know their position at
> compile-time. Why should there be any overhead?

FWIW The various sequences and iterators are here. This is all just a first hit.
I am sure that there is much room for improvement. However currently I want to
move on to other things, but I have done enough here ( and in the links to
examples previous in the thread) to prove that a fusion matrix would be a very
worthy addition to Fusion. I reckon with the use of static_values that it would
be the fastest thing around. And BTW sorry to be rude about MTL4 but
unfortunately I can't see that my comments are wrong, and if all just wait for
the rollout then nothing is going to happen, is it?

The matrix definition:

http://tinyurl.com/kwfvd

The matrix row and columns , sequences of and iterators:

http://quan.cvs.sourceforge.net/quan/quan-trunk/quan/fusion/boost/

BTW , with latest mods this *should* work with CVS and Review version of
Fusion... but no guarantess.

regards
Andy Little